Curry Scallops & Cilantro Rice
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
This recipe pairs curry-coated scallops and brown rice seasoned with cilantro, scallions and lemon. For this recipe you’ll need 3 cups cooked brown rice. Serve with roasted carrots tossed with cumin and coriander.
- 1 pound dry sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cooked instant or quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beginning to sizzle. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add cooked rice, cilantro, scallions, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pan. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the scallops with the rice.
Per serving: 305 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 35 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 3 g fiber; 750 mg sodium; 342 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2012