Curried Whole Cauliflower
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
In this quick three-ingredient recipe you coat a whole head of cauliflower with mayonnaise and curry paste, then cover and cook it in the microwave. The results are amazing! Try it with any type of curry paste.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and trim the woody core. Place the whole head in a microwave-safe glass bowl large enough to hold it.
- Mix mayonnaise and curry paste in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the cauliflower.
- Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on High until tender, 6 to 9 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes more. To serve, cut into 4 portions or break into bite-size pieces.
Per serving: 103 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2012