Curried Whole Cauliflower
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
In this quick three-ingredient recipe you coat a whole head of cauliflower with mayonnaise and curry paste, then cover and cook it in the microwave. The results are amazing! Try it with any type of curry paste.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and trim the woody core. Place the whole head in a microwave-safe glass bowl large enough to hold it.
- Mix mayonnaise and curry paste in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the cauliflower.
- Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on High until tender, 6 to 9 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes more. To serve, cut into 4 portions or break into bite-size pieces.
Per serving: 103 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Grapefruit can add a healthy and refreshing flavor to entrees...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2012