Curried Whole Cauliflower
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
In this quick three-ingredient recipe you coat a whole head of cauliflower with mayonnaise and curry paste, then cover and cook it in the microwave. The results are amazing! Try it with any type of curry paste.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and trim the woody core. Place the whole head in a microwave-safe glass bowl large enough to hold it.
- Mix mayonnaise and curry paste in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the cauliflower.
- Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on High until tender, 6 to 9 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes more. To serve, cut into 4 portions or break into bite-size pieces.
Per serving: 103 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2012