Curried Whole Cauliflower
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
In this quick three-ingredient recipe you coat a whole head of cauliflower with mayonnaise and curry paste, then cover and cook it in the microwave. The results are amazing! Try it with any type of curry paste.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and trim the woody core. Place the whole head in a microwave-safe glass bowl large enough to hold it.
- Mix mayonnaise and curry paste in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the cauliflower.
- Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on High until tender, 6 to 9 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes more. To serve, cut into 4 portions or break into bite-size pieces.
Per serving: 103 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2012