Curried Tofu Salad
This vegetarian nod to the classic curried chicken salad is perfect for spreading on toasted whole-wheat bread or scooping onto a pile of crispy salad greens for lunch.
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons hot curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained, rinsed and finely crumbled (see Ingredient note)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in tofu, celery, grapes, scallions and walnuts.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Ingredient Note: We prefer water-packed tofu from the refrigerated section of the supermarket. Crumbling it into uneven pieces creates more surface area, improving the texture and avoiding the blocky look that turns many people away.
Per serving: 140 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 2 g fiber; 241 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carb, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique