Curried Tofu Salad
This vegetarian nod to the classic curried chicken salad is perfect for spreading on toasted whole-wheat bread or scooping onto a pile of crispy salad greens for lunch.
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons hot curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained, rinsed and finely crumbled (see Ingredient note)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in tofu, celery, grapes, scallions and walnuts.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Ingredient Note: We prefer water-packed tofu from the refrigerated section of the supermarket. Crumbling it into uneven pieces creates more surface area, improving the texture and avoiding the blocky look that turns many people away.
Per serving: 140 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 2 g fiber; 241 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carb, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation