This pear gorgonzola walnut salad http://tiny.cc/hmnyx. I love using simple healthy ingredients like this, with just a little protein to make a meal. This looks great!! thanks.
Curried Scallop-Apple Salad
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
Curry complements seared scallops, tart apples and sweet dried cranberries while toasted almonds add crunch in this quick fall dinner salad. Serve with toasted whole-wheat baguette and a glass of sauvignon blanc.
3 Reviews for Curried Scallop-Apple Salad
I absolutely adore this recipe. I made it for the 3rd time last night, and - oh - was it good! The quality of the scallops matters a great deal, though. I splurged and bought mine from whole foods and it made a BIG difference.
The only change I make to the recipe is in the salt department. The recipe calls for WAY too much salt. This time I used about a quarter of what it called for - just a pinch here and there - and I don't think even that was necessary at all. Next time, I'll eliminate the salt entirely.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)