This is an extremely delightful salad. I and my girlfriend enjoy salads and make them often. This is our favorite. By adding a little chopped chicken breast or small to medium shrimp it becomes a meal in itself. We especially enjoy this salad with baked Salmon.
Curried Salad with Egg & Cashews
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Here we toss fresh salad greens with a light and creamy dressing, then top with chopped hard-boiled egg, crunchy bell pepper, dried cranberries and toasted cashews for a satisfying vegetarian salad. Try this salad for a take-along lunch. To keep the salad greens from getting soggy, pack the greens, salad toppings and dressing in separate containers and toss them together just before eating.
2 Reviews for Curried Salad with Egg & Cashews
I LOVE this recipe!! The dressing in particular is fantastic and I have served it at many parties, with many people asking for the recipe afterwards. I don't use low-fat mayo, preferring real mayo instead, and just use less of it. Approx. 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt + 1/3 cup real mayo. Quick & easy to whisk up in a small bowl.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)