Coconut milk, cilantro and mint give this dish a fresh, exotic flavor. We prefer using a Bartlett pear but any type will do. Serve with brown basmati rice and Sautéed Watercress.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons “lite” coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- Season chicken on both sides with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well-browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add pear, shallot and curry. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to 2 plates. Add coconut milk, cilantro and mint to the pan and stir to combine. Season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper and spoon over the chicken.
Per serving: 305 calories; 14 g fat (3 g sat, 8 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 219 mg sodium; 366 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 very lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cooking for 2
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry