Coconut milk, cilantro and mint give this dish a fresh, exotic flavor. We prefer using a Bartlett pear but any type will do. Serve with brown basmati rice and Sautéed Watercress.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (8 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons “lite” coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- Season chicken on both sides with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well-browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add pear, shallot and curry. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to 2 plates. Add coconut milk, cilantro and mint to the pan and stir to combine. Season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper and spoon over the chicken.
Per serving: 305 calories; 14 g fat (3 g sat, 8 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 219 mg sodium; 366 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 very lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cooking for 2
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry