This dish is quick and easy. Pairs well with white jasmine rice. Very tasty!
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Though curried goat, chicken and shrimp are more popular in Jamaica than fish, food journalist Jacqui Sinclair’s curry with mild mahi-mahi is a delicious and light alternative. Serve over rice.
16 Reviews for Curried Fish
If you cannot find Scotch Bonnet peppers where you are substitute Habanero pepper instead. The bland aspect may be due to the hot peppers you are subbing in? Scotch Bonnet are hot AND flavourful too.
Based on some reviews I added more Thyme as well and I used more than the required Medium Curry powder I had in the cupboard. I will head to the Caribbean store and get their curry powder for next time!
fantastic flavour ! I'm not going to lie-my first time actually finding and using a Scotch Bonnet-I made it too hot ~
Next time I will make it with chicken or turkey. I do not really like fish in curry.
This is the first recipe I used to make curry with mahi-mahi. It turned out really good, but I needed to change a few things. Maybe because I used hot sauce instead of the Scotch, it seemed a bit bland to me. I added more curry, black pepper, ginger, coriander and fish sauce. Esp. the fish sauce has greatly increased the flavor of the dish. Try it instead of salt!
I made this recipe today and was not disappointed. I used Saint Peter fish instead because thats what we had in the fridge but it turned out great even so! I can imagine you can do it with any kind. I also used red pepper instead of the green and I used normal hot sauce instead of the Scotch Bonnet. Very recommended!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)