Curried Chutney Eggs
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Curry and lemon season the filling of these updated deviled eggs.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Halve eggs. Scoop out the yolks, reserving 6 for another use. Mash the remaining 6 yolks in a small bowl. Mix in breadcrumbs, sour cream, parsley, curry powder, lemon juice and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and arrange on a platter. Garnish each deviled egg with a little chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tips: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
- To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
Per serving: 31 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 56 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat milk
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 1993