Curried Chutney Eggs
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Curry and lemon season the filling of these updated deviled eggs.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Halve eggs. Scoop out the yolks, reserving 6 for another use. Mash the remaining 6 yolks in a small bowl. Mix in breadcrumbs, sour cream, parsley, curry powder, lemon juice and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and arrange on a platter. Garnish each deviled egg with a little chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tips: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
- To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
Per serving: 31 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 56 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat milk
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 1993