Curried Chutney Eggs
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
Curry and lemon season the filling of these updated deviled eggs.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Halve eggs. Scoop out the yolks, reserving 6 for another use. Mash the remaining 6 yolks in a small bowl. Mix in breadcrumbs, sour cream, parsley, curry powder, lemon juice and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture into the hollows in the egg whites and arrange on a platter. Garnish each deviled egg with a little chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tips: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
- To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup crumbs.
Per serving: 31 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 52 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 56 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat milk
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- November/December 1993