Very tasty recipe, using an inexpensive cut of the chicken, the thighs. Loved the taste of the garam masala and yogurt. The chicken was tender and moist. Did the mango salad with avocado instead of onion, as we like the mix of mango and avocado and it was delicious.
Curried Chicken with Mango Salad
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
If you don't want to heat up your kitchen you can cook the chicken on the grill instead; grill on high heat, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Make it a meal: Serve with a fragrant brown basmati rice.
9 Reviews for Curried Chicken with Mango Salad
I made this last night and used hot curry powder because that is what I had in the pantry. I thought the recipe sounded good but it tasted better than I could ever imagine. Will make this again and again, it is even something I would serve to guests.
I make this all the time. Sometimes I substitue mango chutney with Jerk seasoning. Ohhhhh la la. My family and guests love love love it.
Love this recipe! I made this for myself last night and was disappointed no one was around to witness the beautiful presentation. I used greek yogurt and did not thin it out at all. The thickness helped the yogurt stick to the chicken. I also marinated about 45 minutes ahead of time. Like other readers I couldn't find the mango chutney (I think some of the bigger Target stores have something like this but not my local one) so I used Mango Peach salsa from Target and a tablespoon of honey. Worked beautifully! Makes your house a little smokey but definitely worth it!
Wonderful Summer recipe! Easy to make and very flavorful! The yogurt sauce cooks nicely. I think the mango salad would be good with pork, too.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)