From EatingWell: November/December 2010
These curried cashews are impossibly addictive—every time we made them in the Test Kitchen they disappeared in a flash. If you use salted cashews, omit the added salt.
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 cups unsalted cashews
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 250°F.
- Whisk lemon juice, curry powder and salt in a large bowl. Add cashews; toss to coat. Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets; spread in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until dry, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 101 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 96 mg sodium; 111 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2010