Cumin-Crusted Sea Bass
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Watching your calories is easy with this elegant, easy seafood dinner. Make it a meal: Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sea bass fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Grind cumin seeds, salt and pepper with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle into a fine powder. Rub spice mixture on both sides of bass.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bass and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 3 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 0 g fiber; 224 mg sodium; 336 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (62% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- January/February 1999