Cumin-Crusted Sea Bass
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Watching your calories is easy with this elegant, easy seafood dinner. Make it a meal: Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sea bass fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Grind cumin seeds, salt and pepper with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle into a fine powder. Rub spice mixture on both sides of bass.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bass and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 3 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 0 g fiber; 224 mg sodium; 336 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (62% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- January/February 1999