Cumin-Crusted Sea Bass
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Watching your calories is easy with this elegant, easy seafood dinner. Make it a meal: Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sea bass fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Grind cumin seeds, salt and pepper with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle into a fine powder. Rub spice mixture on both sides of bass.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bass and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 3 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 0 g fiber; 224 mg sodium; 336 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (62% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- January/February 1999