Cumin-Crusted Sea Bass
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Watching your calories is easy with this elegant, easy seafood dinner. Make it a meal: Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sea bass fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Grind cumin seeds, salt and pepper with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle into a fine powder. Rub spice mixture on both sides of bass.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bass and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 3 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 0 g fiber; 224 mg sodium; 336 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (62% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 1999