Cumin-Crusted Sea Bass
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Watching your calories is easy with this elegant, easy seafood dinner. Make it a meal: Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sea bass fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Grind cumin seeds, salt and pepper with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle into a fine powder. Rub spice mixture on both sides of bass.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bass and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 3 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges.
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 0 g fiber; 224 mg sodium; 336 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (62% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- January/February 1999