Cucumber Salad (Tzatziki)
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
This garlicky cucumber-yogurt salad is delicious served with grilled lamb or as a dip for toasted pita chips.
- 1 large or 2 small cucumbers, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, or 2 teaspoons dried
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coarsely shred cucumber and gently squeeze by hand to remove excess liquid. Place the garlic on a cutting board, chop coarsely and sprinkle with salt. Work the salted garlic into a paste with the flat side of a chef’s knife
- Whisk together the garlic paste, yogurt and mint in a medium bowl. Stir in shredded cucumber. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 30 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 169 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1993