Cucumber Salad (Tzatziki)
From EatingWell: November/December 1993
This garlicky cucumber-yogurt salad is delicious served with grilled lamb or as a dip for toasted pita chips.
- 1 large or 2 small cucumbers, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, or 2 teaspoons dried
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Coarsely shred cucumber and gently squeeze by hand to remove excess liquid. Place the garlic on a cutting board, chop coarsely and sprinkle with salt. Work the salted garlic into a paste with the flat side of a chef’s knife
- Whisk together the garlic paste, yogurt and mint in a medium bowl. Stir in shredded cucumber. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 30 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 169 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1993