Why would you add sugar to cucumbers?. I would prefer a tsp olive oil with the vinegar.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Sliced cucumbers tossed with rice-wine vinegar make for a refreshing and simple summer salad.
6 Reviews for Cucumber Salad
Why would you add sugar to cucumbers?. I would prefer a tsp olive pil with the vinegar.
I love cucumbers and this is a great and simple way to have them. I also added them to another salad for extra flavor.
I love cucumbers and vinegar. I have been eating them for a long time. It is also great for a cheap snack. I can get cucumbers for 3/$1 and a big bottle of vinegar for about 1.50.
I am a big vinegar lover, so I didn't think it was bad but it was missing something it needs some sort of herb, I'm not sure how to describe it but it was missing flavor, rice vinegar is a very light flavor so it wasn't overwhelming the cucumber, I think next time I will make it Indian style with yogurt.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)