An easy, cooling accompaniment to spicy dishes. Try it with Tandoori Chicken.
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rice-wine vinegar
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Dash of Tabasco, or other hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add cucumber, yogurt, cilantro, honey, vinegar, cumin and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per tablespoon: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 30 mg sodium; 36 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique