An easy, cooling accompaniment to spicy dishes. Try it with Tandoori Chicken.
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rice-wine vinegar
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Dash of Tabasco, or other hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add cucumber, yogurt, cilantro, honey, vinegar, cumin and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per tablespoon: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 30 mg sodium; 36 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory