An easy, cooling accompaniment to spicy dishes. Try it with Tandoori Chicken.
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rice-wine vinegar
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Dash of Tabasco, or other hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add cucumber, yogurt, cilantro, honey, vinegar, cumin and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per tablespoon: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 30 mg sodium; 36 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory