An easy, cooling accompaniment to spicy dishes. Try it with Tandoori Chicken.
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rice-wine vinegar
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Dash of Tabasco, or other hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add cucumber, yogurt, cilantro, honey, vinegar, cumin and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per tablespoon: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 30 mg sodium; 36 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique