Cucumber Herb Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Pureeing vegetables into a salad dressing is a great way to give it body. Cucumber is the base of this herb-spiked dressing; it provides a mellow grassy flavor and a luxurious texture.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Puree cucumber, oil, vinegar, chives, parsley, yogurt, mustard, horseradish, sugar and salt in a blender until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 28 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- March/April 2009