Cucumber Herb Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Pureeing vegetables into a salad dressing is a great way to give it body. Cucumber is the base of this herb-spiked dressing; it provides a mellow grassy flavor and a luxurious texture.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Puree cucumber, oil, vinegar, chives, parsley, yogurt, mustard, horseradish, sugar and salt in a blender until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 28 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2009