I liked the smoothness of the mushroom sauce. Very creamy and went down amazing with the steak. Not normally a mushroom person, but this was great!
Cube Steak with Mushroom-Sherry Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Cube steak is a tougher cut of meat pounded to make it tender. We like it because it cooks quickly and is inexpensive—perfect for a weeknight dinner. Look for presliced mushrooms to save even more time on prep. Serve with: Mashed potatoes and grilled broccoli rabe.
13 Reviews for Cube Steak with Mushroom-Sherry Sauce
this has become one of my favorite weeknight meals , but i wouldnt be embarrased to serve it at a dinner party paired with a delicius malbec
This meal was really tasty, I made a mexican rice with it but I could have just made plain brown rice or mashed potatoes and added the sauce on top of it, it would have been wonderful. I had to use the cooking sherry because I could find dry sherry anywhere.
I feel like I cooked things longer than specified to reach the consistencies I needed (or get the steak done), but it was very tasty. I had no problems with tough meat, like some others - it was really tasty.
I loved this. The flavor is great. I was out of beef broth the second time so I used chicken broth. It works either way. I have played with several types of mushrooms in this and sub shallots for green onion/sweet onion mix because I couldn't find decent shallots without problems. My one warning is the cube gets tough if its over cooked. I turn the heat way up to sear one side for about a min or 2 at most and flip to sear the other. Then I held it on low heat in a covered dish in the oven on low until the sauce was done.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)