This was a great sauce. I used cremini mushrooms. It would be great over any sort of beef - steaks or hamburger patties. I served it with a risotto and sauteed baby artichokes.
Cube Steak with Mushroom-Sherry Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Cube steak is a tougher cut of meat pounded to make it tender. We like it because it cooks quickly and is inexpensive—perfect for a weeknight dinner. Look for presliced mushrooms to save even more time on prep. Serve with: Mashed potatoes and grilled broccoli rabe.
13 Reviews for Cube Steak with Mushroom-Sherry Sauce
This dinner is delicious. The meal came together quickly with great results. Served with brown rice and lima beans. I plan to put this in the regular rotation.
Served this to five adults and we all loved it. The mushroom-sherry sauce provided a delicious and healthy change from my usual, plainer and more calorie-laden recipe for cubed steak.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)