My kids absolutely LOVE this dish! It's got a great flavor, and light meal. I have made this dish several times, even serving the salad with other meals. Thinking of trying to bake the steak rather than pan frying it.
Cube Steak Milanese
The economical cube steak is elevated to new heights in this recipe. The salad, with chopped arugula, basil, tomatoes, onion and sharp Italian cheese, is the picture of summer simplicity; all it needs is olive oil and lemon to dress it.
7 Reviews for Cube Steak Milanese
It wasn't a terrible dish. I measured out everything correctly (Including the 1lbs of beef) There was way too much egg muck left over as well as too much cheese put into it. I ended up ditching most of it since I couldn't bring myself to douse the meat in any more bread crumbs. Would recommend only using 1 egg white and half of breadcrumbs/cheese. That's just a waste of money throwing out all of the extra mix. Also as someone else said: Way too much basil and oil.
The cube steaks were excellent. I used grated parmesan and fresh romano.
The salad had far too much basil and onion though, recommend cutting down on the amounts it calls for. fresh basil has a fairly overpowering taste.
I have never eaten cube steak as delicious as this! Much less a low calorie dish! I strongly recommend this recipe. I couldn't find arugula so served the steak on top of some spring mix salad...YUM! The kids loved it too!
I also used romaine lettuce and it was fabulous. My children loved the meal. I will be keeping this recipe for future use.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)