Crusty Fish Fillets
From EatingWell: March/April 1999
Wheat germ is one of those ingredients you may buy once and never use again. Why not add some fiber to your breading by using it in the breading for fish fillets?
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 4-ounce fish fillets, such as catfish or Pacific flounder
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet. with cooking spray.
- Combine wheat germ, pecans, parsley, garlic, salt and cayenne in a pie pan. Dredge fillets in the wheat germ mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 207 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 53 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 1 g fiber; 206 mg sodium; 431 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (27% daily value), Zinc (15% dv).
Exchanges: 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1999
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)