This crustless crab quiche came together in a snap. I followed the recipe nearly exactly: I used dungeness crab from Costco; a mix of orange, yellow and red baby bell peppers; one thinly-sliced large leek in place of the onion; low-fat Greek yogurt; and fat-free small curd cottage cheese. Baby portabellas added dimension to the flavor profile, as did extra-sharp cheddar. Baking time for me was 55 minutes. The result was creamy and full-flavored. This looks as yummy as it tastes, especially with a little sweet paprika on top added just before serving. I brought this to my book group potluck, and everyone raved. Serve it with a green salad for a healthy, memorable meal. Even my 14 year old liked this!
Crustless Crab Quiche
Here is an EatingWell take on a favorite seafood brunch dish that's usually dripping with saturated fat. Our version gets its richness from cottage cheese and yogurt, with a small amount of real Parmesan and Cheddar. We find that using just a little of a great-tasting cheese goes a long way in creating a full flavor.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)