Crushed Red Potatoes
From EatingWell: November/December 1996
The combination of reduced-fat sour cream and olive oil might seem unusual but it yields a delicious taste and texture in these crushed potatoes.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, shallots, parsley, milk, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and crush"but do not completely mash"potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Stir in the sour-cream mixture. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 54 mg sodium; 562 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (22% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 1996