Crushed Red Potatoes
From EatingWell: November/December 1996
The combination of reduced-fat sour cream and olive oil might seem unusual but it yields a delicious taste and texture in these crushed potatoes.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, shallots, parsley, milk, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and crush"but do not completely mash"potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Stir in the sour-cream mixture. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 54 mg sodium; 562 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (22% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 1996