From EatingWell: June/July 2006
This quick crumble topping is convenient to have on hand.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup pecans, or almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour, or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Drizzle oil over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly moistened.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Per 1/4 cup: 161 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 68 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- June/July 2006