From EatingWell: June/July 2006
This quick crumble topping is convenient to have on hand.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup pecans, or almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour, or all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Drizzle oil over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly moistened.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Per 1/4 cup: 161 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 68 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- June/July 2006