This was great lasagna and I added 1 lb of sliced porta Bella mushrooms along with 2 diced red peppers and the recommended spinach. I didn't want to use the tomatoes thinking it might get too watery, so I used a spicy pasta sauce instead. I diced up 5-6 plum tomatoes and sprinkled them on the top noodle layer along with a bit of sauce & the cheese. Will definitely be making again with a turkey meatballs layer.....
Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Sure, the slow cooker’s great for stews and soups, but it also happens to make a mean lasagna! In this ingenious slow-cooker recipe, all you have to do is chop your veggies, then layer the ingredients (raw) into the crockpot. Serve with: Garlic bread and a green salad.
33 Reviews for Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna
Very easy. Just needed more time. (3-4 hours on low is what I would recommend.) Also I think it depends on if your slow cooker has a stoneware base (vs metal.) The stoneware (which is what I used) seems to heat up slower, therefore needs more time. Now that I know this I would definitely make this again!
I cooked my lasagna on High for two hours, and it was pretty watery. It was flavorful, but I added extra basil and garlic. Also, some of the noodles on top were still a bit crunchy. I liked it enough to try it again, however, maybe cooking on low, draining some liquid, and using the noodles lower in the levels.
This was a really tasty and versatile recipe. You can play around with this recipe and add or omit vegetables depending on your taste. I added eggplant, squash and some seasonings (basil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt, pepper). I also serve spagetti sauce on the side. A definite keeper!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)