We used chicken and put it in the crock pot to be ready after work. Turned out great!
Crispy Turkey Tostadas
From EatingWell: November/December 2008
Shredded leftover turkey tops homemade tostadas in this Tex-Mex favorite. Making your own tostada shells from fresh corn tortillas is easier than you might think—crisp them up in the oven while you prepare the toppings. Choose either regular petite diced tomatoes or those with added jalapeños, depending on your inclination for spicy food. Serve with black beans, rice and extra salsa or hot sauce on the side.
18 Reviews for Crispy Turkey Tostadas
These were great using leftover grilled chicken, fire roasted tomatoes & a can of green chilis. We also added a layer of refried beans (in which I added lime juice & garlic). The corn tortillas turned out perfect- not to crunchy as to fall apart and not tough at all. This was a big hit with my family!!
Thia recipe is the perfect low-calorie lunch! It is easy to make and so delicious. I felt completely satisfied after this meal.
This recipe was so easy and so tasty. The only changes I made were to add lime juice to the mashed avocado and because I didn't have any leftover meat, I used 3 cans of chicken breast. If you're going to have leftovers, I recommend wrapping the avocado mixture in plastic wrap and sealing it in an airtight container. You can also reserve some tortillas because it's easy to quickly crisp the tortilla shells just before eating.
I served this with refried beans.
Really great and really easy!
My only complaint is that they were a little hard to eat--once you bit the tostada shell, it was difficult to keep it together. However, that is just the nature of tostadas!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)