I agree with the other reviewer who said the yogurt flavor overpowered the flavor of the slaw. I think that with just mayo it would have been much better. The yogurt is just too strong. Since the fish does not bring much to the table flavor-wise, this recipe is ALL about the slaw. Really meh overall.
Crispy Fish Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw
A fish sandwich doesn’t have to be deep-fried to be delicious. Try our healthy crispy fish sandwich recipe with a tangy, zesty pineapple slaw. It’s worth taking the extra minute to chop pineapple slices instead of using crushed pineapple, which is too small and disappears into the slaw. Store-bought shredded cabbage-carrot mix saves time. Look for it in the produce section.
3 Reviews for Crispy Fish Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw
I made only the slaw and really liked it! The ingredients are things I typically have on-hand and the recipe size is such that I can easily adjust quantities to my taste. I used a small amount of cayenne pepper instead of the crushed red pepper, and I felt that it spread out the heat/balanced the yogurt taste much better this way. I've also made this using apple cider vinegar (ok so I usually have MOST of the ingredients on-hand), and it was great as well! If you're not a fan of fish, try it with chicken breast marinated with spicy brown mustard-- it's a great contrast to the creamy slaw! Overall, a solid, basic recipe that seems really flexible. Love it!
I only made the slaw, not the fish. The slaw was terrible. I followed the recipe exactly. The yogurt taste was so strong that no one could eat it. Truly horrible flavor.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)