Very delicious! I just diced some apples and strawberries and I have to say it tastes pretty darn good! It fills me up so fast!
Creamy Wheat Berry Hot Cereal
This warming whole-grain porridge pairs cooked wheat berries with rolled oats, fruit and nuts for a filling, fiber-rich breakfast. Using a microwave makes preparation speedy, especially if you've thawed frozen cooked wheat berries overnight in the refrigerator.
21 Reviews for Creamy Wheat Berry Hot Cereal
This is my new favorite breakfast! I take 5 minutes to make one portion of it in the morning, omitting the sugar as the milk and raisins make it sweet enough for me. I have used cooked whole grain hulled barley at times (instead of the wheatberries) as hulled barley exceeds wheatberries in fiber content and overall nutrition. Keeps me full longer and until lunch which is great! This is a super yummy way to start the day and in the evenings when I go to bed, I'm already salivating about my next day breakfast!
amazing! i used spenda instead of brown sugar and apricots instead of raisins. really good!
For the wheat berry recipe, click where it says: This recipe calls for Cooked Wheat Berries
I have made this several times for my family and they love it. I even made it for a group of friends when staying at a beach rental for the weekend. Everyone had rave reviews... even the husbands!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)