I LOVED this recipe! So did my meat-eating boyfriend (he was very hesitant to believe a soup could be protein rich and filling.) I substituted brown rice, and added some pepper, and I will definitely make this again!
Creamy Tomato Bisque with Mozzarella Crostini
We use high-in-protein and low-in-fat silken tofu and a bit of rice instead of heavy cream to thicken this French-inspired tomato soup. Topped with a melted-cheese crostini, it's almost like getting your grilled cheese and tomato soup all in one.
9 Reviews for Creamy Tomato Bisque with Mozzarella Crostini
I used Basil, Garlic, & Oregano Stewed Tomatoes.
I would add a bay leaf, some basil and oregano, and sea salt, let it simmer for a little while to season before pureeing. Its good and creamy but a little light on flavor as is, kinda like pureed tomatoes. I'll definitely make it again, just makes you want a grilled cheese!
This worked great for our large family event!
Needed pepper, IMO, but otherwise great. I used someone elses fire roasted tomatoe suggestion---nice. BIG TIP---try doing a pesto and goat cheese crostini with this soup---awesome! Just spread some pesto and sprinkle some crumbled goat cheese on your whole grain bread slices and toast in the oven like the mozzarella ones---wonderful compliment to the tomato.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)