Creamy Red Potato Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
A dressing of nonfat yogurt enriched with a little reduced-fat mayonnaise and Dijon mustard replaces the heavier dressings in more traditional potato salad recipes.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan; add salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Toss with vinegar and season with pepper. Let cool.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Add to the potatoes, along with celery, scallions, parsley and dill, stirring gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 413 mg sodium; 825 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (24% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 1994