Creamy Red Potato Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
A dressing of nonfat yogurt enriched with a little reduced-fat mayonnaise and Dijon mustard replaces the heavier dressings in more traditional potato salad recipes.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan; add salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Toss with vinegar and season with pepper. Let cool.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Add to the potatoes, along with celery, scallions, parsley and dill, stirring gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 413 mg sodium; 825 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (24% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1994
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)