Creamy Red Potato Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
A dressing of nonfat yogurt enriched with a little reduced-fat mayonnaise and Dijon mustard replaces the heavier dressings in more traditional potato salad recipes.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan; add salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Toss with vinegar and season with pepper. Let cool.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Add to the potatoes, along with celery, scallions, parsley and dill, stirring gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 413 mg sodium; 825 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (24% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 1994