Creamy Red Potato Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
A dressing of nonfat yogurt enriched with a little reduced-fat mayonnaise and Dijon mustard replaces the heavier dressings in more traditional potato salad recipes.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan; add salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Toss with vinegar and season with pepper. Let cool.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Add to the potatoes, along with celery, scallions, parsley and dill, stirring gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 413 mg sodium; 825 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (24% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 1994