Terrific recipe that lends itself to your own tastes. I doubled the amount of pears, because I prefer it that way. I also added a tiny bit of cream so that everything pureed better in my food processor. You really don't have to measure any of the ingredients if you know what you like. Great way to use up a large amount of parsnips in a household of 2 people, since it freezes well.
Creamy Parsnips & Pears
From EatingWell: Fall 2004
For a delightful change from mashed potatoes, try this velvety puree made with earthy parsnips and sweet autumn pears. This recipe freezes well and can be easily doubled. Thin leftovers with broth and enrich with sour cream for a delicious soup.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)