Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing
In addition to the Margarita Shrimp Salad, you can use this zingy dressing to make low-fat Caesar salad with romaine, croutons and Parmesan shavings. It also works well as a marinade for chicken.
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno, or serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- To juice a lime: A lime at room temperature gives the most juice (11/2-2 tablespoons). Before juicing, roll the lime on the counter, pressing down with your hand. If the recipe calls for both zest and juice, grate the zest before squeezing the juice.
Per tablespoon: 20 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 81 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Per tablespoon = free food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation