Creamy Horseradish-Herb Dip
From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Buttermilk and horseradish add tang to this simple dip that even the kids will love; serve it with an array of colorful crisp vegetables.
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh scallions, or chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put cream cheese in a small bowl and gradually stir in buttermilk until smooth. Add scallions (or chives), dill (or parsley) and horseradish, mixing well. Season with salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 15 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 40 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- November/December 1994