Creamy Horseradish Baked Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Tangy horseradish-topped baked potatoes are the perfect addition to your favorite steak dinner.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Scrub potatoes well and pierce in several places with a fork.
- Bake potatoes directly on the center rack until tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl. Top each potato with a generous tablespoon of the mixture and serve immediately.
Per serving: 156 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 23 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- January/February 1999
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)