Creamy Herbed Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Use this light and creamy herb dressing to dress coleslaw, cucumber salad, potato salad or simple mixed greens. Feel free to use fresh chopped herbs instead of dried. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion or dried chopped chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried tarragon or dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or celery salt or 1/4 teaspoon of each
- White pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey, onion or chives, tarragon (or dill) and onion salt (and/or celery salt) in a bowl until well blended. Season with white pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing for up to 5 days. Stir before using.
Per tablespoon: 16 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 92 mg sodium; 18 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- 8 or more
- May/June 2010